Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cupcakes

Abigail has been asking to make cupcakes so I picked up a white cake mix and some frosting earlier this week.  I remember seeing some colorful cupcakes on Pinterest and decided to give them a try.  We waited until Jackson went down for his morning nap and then we went to work.  I separated the batter into four bowls.  Abigail picked the colors and helped me color the batter.


I dropped two spoonfuls of each color into each liner.  I think next time I make these I will do just one spoonful for a smaller cupcake.  My cupcakes always tend to be on the larger side.  After they baked, Abigail and I cut into one to taste and I thought it lacked in flavor, but looked great!  I am not a big fan of white cake, but the colors work better with white.  We frosted them with cream cheese frosting and of course, sprinkles for decoration.  The frosting made them taste so much better.


I'm taking some over to the neighbors after dinner so we don't have to eat them all.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet smile your daughter has! Definitely looks like her mama! This is such a fun idea and the perfect mommy-daughter fun time!

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...